My Life Verses

Proverbs 28:14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.


Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.


1 John 4:19 We love because HE first loved us.


Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in HIM.


Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Friday, January 20, 2012

book of Jonah, my reflection

Jonah is the most stubborn prophet, but GOD is with him in his ministry.

When GOD talked to Jonah, Jonah stubbornly ran away from the will of GOD, he traveled to Tarshish down to Joppa and took a ship, maybe he was thinking that he can flee away from the will of GOD. Along the voyage he knew that GOD was angry and after him, that is why HE sent them storms and waves. He told the truth to the sailors, they asked Jonah what to do, they also tried to save the life of Jonah by rowing back but they ended up doing what Jonah said to them to threw him out of the sea, the sailors are pagans, they believed in many gods but at that time they feared the One true GOD and i guess they believed in HIM.

When he was threw to the sea, Jonah was swallowed by a big fish, i think its a whale, a sperm whale, inside the fish belly he prayed to GOD. i think part of his prayer meant that he will want to obey GOD, then HE order the fish to vomit Jonah to the dry land to fulfill the will.

Jonah traveled 3 days to reach the place called Nineveh, and preach the message of the One true GOD, the King and the people believed him and they fast to repent.

Jonah obeyed GOD and so effective, for GOD is with him, but he was angry about it, he cried in anger and wanted GOD to take ways his life and that it is better for him to die than live, he don't want the Ninevites to get saved, he want them to perish yet GOD showed compassion and mercy to them for they showed fear toward HIM. GOD made Jonah realize that he has no right to be angry, for GOD is in control of everything and that everything is from HIM. in the end, i therefore conclude that the Ninevites are not so educated people.

so that is the book of Jonah, summarized with my own words, i felt like Jonah sometimes, I know the will of GOD, but I am trying to escape, for I am angry of the will, its making my life complicated, now.. what to do? I am really suffering and having a hard time fulfilling the will of GOD, I am trying to escape but GOD is not allowing me, He truly is in control, yet I am still unsure with HIS total will, all I need is to obey and not be angry, for whatever suffering I am into now, it is still under the will of GOD, from HIM and part of HIS will, to suffer is to fulfill, so be joyful.
Flesh, i hate you flesh. I love GOD more. Praise HIM. HE gave me you flesh, so if to deny you will bring HIM glory, so be it, to save my soul.
Jesus lead me please, for I do not know the plans has for me. I want to obey. so I will trust You.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Marry Jean Lee's Facebook profile