My Life Verses

Proverbs 28:14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.


Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.


1 John 4:19 We love because HE first loved us.


Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in HIM.


Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

HOME is spelled UECM


What is a home church?
The internet defines it as a place where a group of Christians meet and worship together, friend of mine defines it as place where he is comfortable to go to and listen to sermons. Me on the other hand, defines it as UECM.
During my teenage years in YGC, I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior through a mentor, who is now a pastor. I accepted, but my spiritual life didn’t grow from there. I attend Bible studies, asked questions and had more and more ideas who Christ is. But I didn’t pursue living a life like Christ did. I went from one church to another, through invites of friends who attend other churches, I enjoyed the camps and fellowships with friends; however eventually led me to back-slide.
When I reached the age of 22, I started to feel the emptiness inside. Being incomplete despite of all the achievements, I started to hunger for God’s words. That time, I knew, I needed GOD in my life and I needed a home church. I resigned from my work, and started to seek for a church. I prayed so hard for GOD to lead me. Then I start to church hopping every day-literally. I attended catholic churches from Monday to Sunday, because I felt so shy to go back to a Christian church after being gone for some time.
After a month of church hopping, one Friday afternoon, I met 3 of my good friends namely Claudette, Ryan Ching and CCK, in one unexpected occasion. Right there and then they invited me to attend the Friday Young-Pro fellowship of UECM, but I refused, so they invited me to attend the Sunday worship instead. I said “okey,Yes to the Sunday worship”. When I got home, I prayed about it. Even so,since I gave my words, I just went.
It was January 21, 2007 the first time I attended UECM. That day, I knew I am home. Thank GOD. Since then, I didn’t have to church hop everyday anymore, I never left, and year after years I grew with my spiritual walk, then eventually started serving.

In every home, we encountered problems and issues, but it is not a reason to leave home. As we mature, we should see it as a reason to pray and seek His wisdom more. You and I are sinners saved by grace, part of the body of home, we are family. I don’t know if I’ll ever leave UECM, only GOD knows! What’s important right now is that my relationship with GOD is established here.
How about you, have you found your home church? Or do you know someone who needs a home church?
Lets start inviting them home… 

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Marry Jean Lee's Facebook profile