My Life Verses

Proverbs 28:14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.


Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.


1 John 4:19 We love because HE first loved us.


Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in HIM.


Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Jacob = Israel

The Israelite are from the clan of Jacob who is also named Israel by GOD, one person.

many times in the Bible, that in a sentence or paragraph that the name of this one person is mentioned in two names but referring only to one person.. like in Psalm 53.
for few days I pause to wonder why?
I really haven't answered why.. so i'll continue to seek, maybe i'll find the answer to my question to my why one day...
but currently as of the meantime.. maybe..
maybe, the Bible just kept reminding us that Israelite's are from him (Jacob), that in the Old Testament the promise GOD gave to Abraham runs through Isaac and Jacob..
and from this clan also comes Moses, David and Jesus.. the people of faith in the Bible and the son of GOD, whom GOD uses as instrument to display HIS power on us, for us to have faith.

hhmmmm...


No comments:

Facebook Badge

Marry Jean Lee's Facebook profile