My Life Verses

Proverbs 28:14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.


Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.


1 John 4:19 We love because HE first loved us.


Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in HIM.


Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The greatest thing - July 5, 2012


What do you think is the greatest thing?
As for me, the greatest thing is love as it is written in the Bible
1 Corinthian 13:13 faith, hope and love and the greatest is Love.
Which I am going to talk about tonight, also a continuation of my previous topic, but tonight I will be focus on loving one another.
Here with me is a book, that I bought at OMF last May, where the handouts you have came from.
In order to learn more about this topic kindly look at your handouts and read this verse that is underlined.
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
What should we do? We have to obey, for it is a command from GOD that we have to love one another.
And to whom do you think should we do this?
Read Luke 10:27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
We should do this to our neighbors, and who are these neighbors? They are our family, relatives, friends, lovers, enemies and unlovable.
Is it easy to love our enemies and the unlovable? No it ain’t easy, that’s the hardest, but to love them is made possible if we know Christ through the Bible and if we follow Christ.
Ultimately, the greatest thing to do is to love our neighbor, and this is one way to show our love to GOD and we and we can only do it by depending on his love to us, and this is more we can be more and more be Christ like. So you can continue to reflect with our topic with your take home handouts. And this is my challenge to you.

No comments:

Facebook Badge

Marry Jean Lee's Facebook profile